1. Privacy Commitment
Alford House is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes. We use your personal information to support and enhance our relationship with you. We only share your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. Your use of this website and any disclosure of personal information via the website signifies your consent to us collecting and using personal information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
2. How we use your personal data
All the information we collect about you (personal data) via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer. We never make lists of personal data available to other organisations and we only use personal data ourselves in the following ways:
To Contact you about:
- fundraising events and activities;
- our youth work programmes, publications, and services
- any membership, supply or other agreement that we have with you
We comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act in the following ways:
- ask your consent before using your data for any purpose other than that for which it was given;
- endeavor to ensure the data we hold is completely accurate and will update our database if you tell us of any inaccuracies;
- only collect the data we need and will not keep it longer than necessary;
- keep and use all data in accordance with your rights (see below);
- Any data we hold about you will be treated confidentially and stored securely.
3. Use of links from this Website
In the event you choose to use links that appear on this website to visit other websites, you are advised to read the privacy policies that appear on those sites.
5. Changes to this privacy statement
Changes may be made to this policy from time to time. You will be notified of substantial changes to this statement through the posting of a prominent announcement.
Alford House is open to all young people aged 8-21 and offers a variety of sports, games, creative and recreational activities in a safe and secure environment that is managed by our dedicated team of staff and volunteers.